Custom Vault Room Doors
Discreet, custom design & size
Up to 4+ hour expert attack resistance
16-20 Locking Bolts. Biometric options
Custom Vault Doors From $9,000 – $25,000
Discreet, Military-Level Vault Security
Bulletproof Vault Doors
With ballistic steel discreetly infused inside, your vault door and frame are upgraded to stop dozens of powerful firearm rounds per UL 752 ballistic standards.
Level 3 Ballistic Upgrade
High-powered handguns, such as .44 magnum
Level 8 Ballistic Upgrade
Military Assault Rifles, Such As 7.62 Rounds
Forced Entry Resistance
When even professional criminals attempt to break into your vault, US DoS standards offer the ultimate confidence that your family and valuables are secure.
FE-5 | U.S. Dept. of State rating
Equates to 30 minutes of an expert attacking
FE-15 | U.S. Dept. of State rating
Equates to 4+ hours of an expert attacking
Custom Vault Door Designs
Our vault doors are crafted with fine European materials and woods. The secure core discreetly contains all high-security features, keeping your vault hidden.
Stained Wood Panel
Your custom vault room doors can match the house’s surrounding doors’ intricate millings, allowing for a discreet appearance. Solid natural and engineered woods can be custom carved to your specifications..
Our vault doors can be pre-painted in the factory to any of several hundred RAL international colors. We mail a complimentary color wheel to all clients for precise matching to nearby hallway doors.
Fully Custom Design
Some clients want their vault room to have one-of-a-kind designs. Every vault room door we create is of limitless possibilities. Alternatively, your local craftsman can attach their design top of our secure core.
ADDITIONAL Vault DESIGN Options
Ballistic Glass Lites & Transom
Mahogany, Oak, Alder & more.
Layered & Raised Paneling
Powder Coating Finish
Stainless Steel Finish
All-Side Vault Locking
Lock system is pre-installed at the factory into your vault door
12 active steel bolts
4-8 passive steel bolts
3D cylinder + defender
Fail-secure locking + relocker
Single-action to engage all bolts
Our vault doors offer several lock options, some more frequently used than others. All come pre-installed into the door at the factory.
Unlike other vault room doors, all of our bolts engage by a single, highly secure cylinder. A single action gives you a complete vault seal.
Manufactured by an advanced Italian company since 1973, our standard Mottura lockset is as beautiful as it is secure. Comprised of polished thick steel bolts with the following arrangement:
- Ten active bolts on the handle/strike side
- Up to eight passive bolts on the hinge side
- One active bolt on top and one on bottom of the door leaf
The lockset is highly protected. Even without upgrading your vault room door with bulletproof steel, a firearm cannot practically defeat our lock. The independently controlled bolts keep the door securely in place.
We specially protect the lock mechanism itself with drill-resistant manganese-steel.
You may upgrade for single-handed egress – at no additional cost. Single-handed egress offers easy locking by lifting the handle on either side. While in the vault room, pushing the handle down disengages the bolts for easy exit.
FIAM X1R Easy / Smart
Another precision Italian manufacturer, Fiam, builds sophisticated motorized and automated locksets. Its security is as robust as our standard Mottura option, with the same 16-20 thick steel bolt arrangement.
The X1R’s motorization of all the active bolts allows for considerable convenience. Clients who upgrade their vault door to the X1R may also upgrade with a digital keypad or biometric fingerprint scanner embedded into the door leaf. Alternatively, the vault room door can integrate with a client’s third-party access control device. Installers can easily integrate the locking system with the home’s alarm systems for smart software.
There are other features too. The vault door can automatically fully lock whenever closed; a simple button press on the safe side can fully unlock the door. The X1R Smart provides additional Bluetooth capabilities out of the box. Using a unique owner’s key card, the client may connect their vault door to a secure phone app to control access for themselves and others. The owner can even run a log of attempted and successful entries into their vault room.
Vault Door Automations
Ensure your vault room is as convenient as it is secure, with easy access and auto-locking
Ensure your vault room door is fully secure every time the door is closed. All 16-20 bolts rapidly engage.
The highest-security fingerprint scanner available, with 1-in-10,000,000 accuracy and live-finger sensing.
Concealed Door Closer / Opener
Discreet and configurable to open or close, with additional features for hold-open and an ultra-smooth close.
Perfected Features for Residential Vault Rooms
- Custom Vault Door Design blends door in with rest of home or office
- Bullet Stopping for call common weapons
- Complete system includes vault door, secure vault frame, heavy hinges, locks, and more
- Pre-Assembled By Engineers during manufacturing for optimal home install.
- Forced Entry Resistant, prestigious ratings for a mob-style, embassy attack.
- Finest Components Worldwide allow for minute adjustments and effortless operation of armored door
- Instant Vault Locking & unlocking with single thumb-turn, single key-turn, key code, or fingerprint scan.
Vault Room Door Security Features Include:
- Multi-layered, thick-gauge galvanized steel core
- Welding and corrugating mathematically optimized for door strength
- Vault door interlocks with its L-shape frame to neutralize pry attacks
- 16-20 high-strength steel locking bolts provide complete vault-door locking
- 2″ Rockwool provides thermal insulation to minimize damage to valuables
- Fixed hinge-side bolts render hinge attacks useless
- Hardened steel channels in frame receive vault door bolts
- Built-in armored shims encase 4″ lag bolts securing the frame to the vault room wall
- The door is configurable to swing out of or into the vault room while maintaining equal security levels.
- Ballistic steel is optionally hidden inside the vault room door, stopping multiple handgun and assault rifle round.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Attempting to convert a standard door into a vault room door has numerous issues, which can mostly be categorized as follows, from least important to most important:
- Design Issues – We’d consider this the least important issue, but to many clients, it is a deal-breaker for their door to have an obvious and unsightly panel covering it.
- Functional Issues – A standard door is not designed to handle the weight that ballistic material adds. The door will likely immediately be difficult to easily swing, and in the short term begin to have issues with the door being unable to close into place or be unable to open once closed. Both are obviously critically problematic in emergency situations.
- Security Issues – Most importantly, ballistics is actually the less important aspect of the door’s security. Resistance to attack is what’s of primary importance. A standard door with a ballistic panel attached is no harder to pry open or disengage the lock than the same door without a ballistic panel.
We believe in – and therefore only provide – protective vault room doors that meet specific forced entry ratings by the US Department of State.
There are additional features worth considering for a panic room’s entrance.
We recommend having a mechanism for determining what is going on outside the door. Visibility allows you to know when the coast is clear and when to call the police.
A peephole is one option; we offer forced entry and ballistic peepholes.
For a more discreet option, we recommend using a camera system. You may use a camera pointed towards the panic room entrance or even place cameras throughout the home. The video can output into the panic room or be available on your smartphone or tablet.
Some clients entirely hide their vault room door. Builders will sometimes install faux paneling or shelving in front of it. In most cases, it isn’t practical since the room usually serves a day-to-day dual purpose, such as a bedroom or master closet. In all cases, a vault room door needs to be discreet – blending is accomplished by applying milling, which matches nearby interior doors. Our vault room doors are entirely custom and already clad at the factory, with milling expertly-designed to replicate your home’s other doors.
Client storing food in their secure room
If you plan to use your vault room to protect loved ones during an emergency, you may consider upgrading the vault room to include an overpressure system. The resulting positive pressure in the vault room significantly limits contaminants, biohazardous particles, and even smoke from entering the room through tiny cracks in the door system and other wall perforations. A proper air system will also filter out incoming air to medical-grade levels. Our team can guide you with solutions used by past clients.
Not only are our safe room doors custom-designed to fit aesthetically into a residence, but specialists also engineer them for easy installation, perfected by years of placement into hundreds of homes.
Our armored doors easily install into a structure’s wood studded, steel-studded, or masonry walls. The vault door frame uses numerous 4″ lag bolts to anchor into the surrounding wall. (Many clients also install ballistic panels to armor their vault walls.)
The primary difference between installing a vault room door and a standard interior door is the weight. Our doors have a multi-layered thick-steel core, and the entire unit (door and frame) can weigh well over 500lbs, especially if ballistic steel is layered inside.
However, our vault room doors also have numerous features that make installation easier and offer ad hoc flexibility. The assembly includes three-dimensional adjusting barrel hinges, a built-in steel shim system, an adjustable strike plate, a removable bottom bolt with an in-floor sleeve, removable door cladding, and more.
Most importantly, our engineers and fabrication experts personally assemble, test, and optimize the full door system in the factory prior to shipment. As long as the client’s contractor carefully measures out the rough opening and installs the door with a careful eye to being level and plumb, the door will work flawlessly.