Gun Room Doors That Match Your Home
Avoid Unwanted Attention to your Firearm Collection
A traditional steel gun room door attracts a home invader like a moth to a flame. Our doors are custom crafted to match the rest of your home, including:
- Custom width and height
- Unlimited milling design options
- Armoring fully clad by engineered or solid wood
- Client approval of three dimensional model prior to fabrication
- Door shipped as complete system, including matching frame and trim.
- Complete assembly optimized by engineers in factory prior to shipping
- Specialized hinges for residential applications allow for effortless operation of armored door
- Normal-looking thumbturn instantly locks all 16-20 locking bolts
Unmatched Gun Room Protection
Your walk-in gun room door can be upgraded to include ballistic steel infused inside of the door leaf and frame, for a UL 752 rating of Level 3 (highest powered handguns) or Level 8 (highest powered rifles). Multiple rounds of even military rifles will be stopped.
All gun doors are certified to US Department of State Forced Entry SD-STD-01.01G resistance to riot attacks. Multiple experts continuously attack the door using sophisticated tools in several sections of the door – the only residential gun room door to achieve this protection level.
Vault-Strength Lock System
Lock system is pre-installed at the factory into your door
12 active steel bolts
4-8 passive steel bolts
Fail-secure locking + relocker
Single-action to engage all bolts
Several lock options are available for our gun doors. All come pre-installed into the door at the factory.
Unlike other walk-in gun doors, all of our bolts engage by a single, highly secure cylinder. A single action gives you a completely secured seal.
Manufactured by an advanced Italian company since 1973, our standard Mottura lockset is as beautiful as it is secure. Comprised of polished thick steel bolts with the following arrangement:
- Ten active bolts on the handle/strike side
- Up to eight passive bolts on the hinge side
- One active bolt on top and one on bottom of the door leaf
The lockset is highly protected. Even without upgrading your vault room door with bulletproof steel, a firearm cannot practically defeat our lock. The independently controlled bolts keep the door securely in place.
We specially protect the lock mechanism itself with drill-resistant manganese-steel.
You may upgrade for single-handed egress – at no additional cost. Single-handed egress offers easy locking by lifting the handle on either side. While in the vault room, pushing the handle down disengages the bolts for easy exit.
FIAM X1R Easy / Smart
Another precision Italian manufacturer, Fiam, builds sophisticated motorized and automated locksets. Its security is as robust as our standard Mottura option, with the same 16-20 thick steel bolt arrangement.
The X1R’s motorization of all the active bolts allows for considerable convenience. Clients who upgrade their gun door to the X1R may also upgrade with a digital keypad or biometric fingerprint scanner embedded into the door leaf, making entry into their firearm vault completely keyless.
Alternatively, the vault room door can integrate with a client’s third-party access control device. Installers can easily integrate the locking system with the home’s alarm systems for smart software.
There are other features too. The vault door can automatically fully lock whenever closed; a simple button press on the safe side can fully unlock the door. The X1R Smart provides additional Bluetooth capabilities out of the box. Using a unique owner’s key card, the client may connect their gun room door to a secure phone app to control access for themselves and others. The owner can even run a log of attempted and successful entries into their walk-in firearm room.
All Gun Room Doors Include:
- Multi-layered, thick-gauge galvanized steel core
- Welding and corrugating mathematically optimized for door strength
- Gun door interlocks with its L-shape frame to neutralize pry attacks
- 16-20 high-strength steel locking bolts provide complete vault-door locking
- 2″ Rockwool provides thermal insulation to minimize damage to firearms
- Fixed hinge-side bolts render hinge attacks useless
- Built-in armored shims encase 4″ lag bolts securing the frame to the gun room wall
- The door is configurable to swing out of or into the gun room while maintaining equal security levels.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Attempting to convert a standard door into a gun safe door has numerous issues, which can mostly be categorized as follows, from least important to most important:
- Design Issues – We’d consider this the least important issue, but to many clients, it is a deal-breaker for their gun vault door to have an obvious and unsightly panel covering it.
- Functional Issues – A standard door is not designed to handle the weight that ballistic material adds. The door will likely immediately be difficult to easily swing, and in the short term begin to have issues with the door being unable to close into place or be unable to open once closed. Both are obviously significant vulnerabilities for a gun room’s security.
- Security Issues – Most importantly, ballistics is actually the less important aspect of the door’s security. Resistance to attack is what’s of primary importance. A standard door with a ballistic panel attached is no harder to pry open or disengage the lock than the same door without a ballistic panel.
We believe in – and therefore only provide – protective vault room doors that meet specific forced entry ratings by the US Department of State.
Not only are our gun room doors custom-designed to fit aesthetically into a residence, but specialists also engineer them for easy installation, perfected by years of placement into hundreds of homes.
Our doors easily install into a structure’s wood studded, steel-studded, or masonry walls. The gun vault door frame uses numerous 4″ lag bolts to anchor into the surrounding wall. (Many clients also install ballistic panels to armor their gun room walls.)
The largest difference between installing a gun vault door and a standard interior door is the weight. Our doors have a multi-layered thick-steel core, and the entire unit (door and frame) can weigh well over 500lbs, especially if ballistic steel is layered inside.
However, our gun room custom doors also have numerous features that make installation easier and offer ad hoc flexibility. The assembly includes three-dimensional adjusting barrel hinges, a built-in steel shim system, an adjustable strike plate, a removable bottom bolt with an in-floor sleeve, removable door cladding, and more.
Most importantly, our engineers and fabrication experts personally assemble, test, and optimize the full door system in the factory prior to shipment. As long as the client’s contractor carefully measures out the rough opening and installs the door with a careful eye to being level and plumb, the door will work flawlessly for securing your gun room.